I decided to make a list of promises to myself, a list of sacred oaths to help me keep up with how my body mind and soul are changing on a daily basis.
I want to do this because I think it’s important before we make promises to other people, we understand what a promise means. What an oath means, they are commitments to doing our best to fulfill the desire effect.
So from here on out I am making a commitment to at least attempt the following list of items:
- I swear not to be hard on myself when I have difficult days. When I have anxiety attacks or get stressed out, I swear not to destroy my self esteem even further with negative comments.
- I swear to be careful when I am trying to accomplish a specific task so that I do not hurt myself.
- I solemnly swear to be as honest with myself as possible, so that I can hold myself accountable for my own behaviour instead of expecting other people to hold me accountable.
- I promise to say one kind thing to myself every single day.
- I promise to listen to music every day, even if it is just for a few minutes.
- I swear to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air at least five minutes everyday.
- I solemnly swear to have one bottle of water every single day of my life.
It’s easy to make these declarations, harder to make them become a reality unless I focus and harness my energy into manifesting these oaths to myself into reality. Using my ability to visualize what I want and manifest it into being is something I am only beginning to discover how to do.
When you make a commitment to doing something every single day, you manifest the desired result, and sometimes it can be incredibly overwhelming, but that’s why we start with small chunks and move onto larger ones as it becomes appropriate.
It is without a doubt the art of positive thinking that becomes positive action which becomes positive reward that I am learning about in this part of my self discovery.
I have done the mirror work thing, and while it worked for awhile, I am finding it’s not enough to stare at a mirror filled with pretty notes.
That’s only part of the work, step two definitely for me comes in the form of positive thought process.
I can’t sleep these days at night, when I should be,s o I have decided to use this time to create, and in creating I have found yet another reason that I am alive. There is no one in my country, or the world talking about life the way that I do, besides me because no one else is on my journey.
Just me and the open potential of what might, could, would, should or maybe possibly potentially needs to happen, and during this time of confusion and anxiety, if I can accomplish these small talks, than I am only one more step towards a happier version of myself.
Sending all my love,
Devon J Hall