The Matriarch’s lead the various tribes and stand as the members of Government for the Krisya Ohana Society.
There are twenty-four Major Elder Matriarchs and Twenty-four auxiliary Elder Matriarch’s who are next in line for a seat on the council of forty eight Elders.
They together create the Council of Kris who appear at special events, ceremonies and rituals once every four years. They are accompanied by their Partners, Husbands and Wives who usually stay out of Kris Business and more often than not are Goje or outsiders from the human world.
The Kris believe that marrying a Goje keeps one grounded and connected to the world in which they hide out.
The Matriarch’s are considered “Royal” and as such all receive security from Professional Kris Guardian’s who train for a minimum of ten years before being eligible for a position with one of the Royal families.
The Elder Matriarch’s all have a special connection to the elements and claim to excel in one of if not all of the following abilities:
- Apportation – The ability to undergo materialization, disappearance or teleportation of an object.
- Astral projection or mental projection – The ability to voluntarily project the astral body (consciousness), being associated with the out-of-body experience, in which the astral body is felt to temporarily separate from the physical body.
- Automatic writing – The ability to draw or write without conscious intent.
- Divination – The ability to gain insight into a situation using occult means.
- Dowsing – The ability to locate water, sometimes using a tool called a dowsing rod.
- Energy medicine – The ability to heal with one’s own empathic etheric, astral, mental or spiritual energy.
- Levitation or transvection – The ability to float or fly by mystical means.
- Mediumship or channelling – The ability to communicate with spirits
- Precognition or premonition – The ability to perceive future events.
- Psychic surgery – The ability to remove disease or disorder within or over the body tissue via an “energetic” incision that heals immediately afterwards
- Psychokinesis or telekinesis – The ability to manipulate objects by the mind
- Psychometry or psychoscopy – The ability to obtain information about a person or an object by touch.
- Remote viewing, telesthesia or remote sensing – The ability to see a distant or unseen target using extrasensory perception.
- Retrocognition or postcognition – The ability to supernaturally perceive past events.
- Telepathy – The ability to transmit or receive thoughts supernaturally.
The Matriarch’s claim to be descended from Maria, wife of Jesus, and protect the twenty four tribes that are spread out across the globe.
Matriarch’s pass their seat on the council down to the third or last daughter born in the family and work side by side with Goje Governments, although they do not have an official seat at the table, there are few places in the world where heads of Government do not defer to Kris people behind the shadows.
In private and in public the Matriarch’s are seen as the Leaders of the People, they are highly respected and often run their own companies or business’s. They come from all walks, colours, creeds, nationalities and orientations. They claim no one country as their own and are very strict about staying out of Goje Politics unless absolutely necessary.
Together they create beautiful majick but each has their own special interests or disciplines that keep them occupied throughout the years.
Each city wherein a Matriarch lives has been host to the society for hundreds of years if not thousands in some cases, and has a secret base of operations often referred to as “The Castle.”
Traditionally speaking Matriarch’s have been soldiers in their own right, often studying the art of Politics and War on the front lines while serving in any number of armed forces.
Although they know how to fight they tend to leave the fighting to their Guardian’s as it is considered unseemly to be seen fighting in public.
There are twelve Royal families in total and each of the twelve have two representatives.
During a debate or vote, the thirteenth vote is cast by the Head Priestess, known as the Elder Madre, or “Mother”, who is considered the Holiest of Elders. There are Thirteen Elder Madre’s who train an entire life time in The Sisterhood of Bachante somewhere in Italy, and even if they spend their whole lives training only one is chosen every fifty years precisely.
The Elder Madre usually wears the symbol of Santa Maria somewhere on her person and is often covered in head to toe tattoos signifying their journey. Those tattoos can include everything from geometry to animals depending on who they are.
The be graced by the presence of a Elder Madre is considered a most holy experience.
Every twenty-five years they gather at their private Sanctum Sanatorium in which all Elders and their students are welcome to come and meet with, commune with and practice the Craft with the Elder Madre’s. The annual Godel Jubilee Ball is head in one of fifty places on the planet every fifty years and often hosts Politician’s, Celebrities and the most important members of Kris Society.
It is the opportunity for tribes people to see their Elderess’ in person and have time to converse with them about any issue the tribe might have. It can be a beautiful event but it is considered the most exhausting because the celebration lasts from July to October each year and culminates in a three day parade and festival at the end of October.
The Elder’s dress in costume in an effort to represent the God or Goddess they feel the most connected to, and gifts of both money and trinkets offered not only to the Elders but also to the Gods.
The money raised each year is always split with several worthy causes within the host city, and whatever is left over is given to the Elder Madre’s as a gift for the next years.
The Jubilee Festival is a travelling festival that brings in hundreds of millions of dollars to the host city in part because of the number of Celebrities, Politician’s and Dignitaries who attend.